7/24/2013

#50: Spheal

Oh yeah, the ball that should resemble a seal. I really wanted to add Spheal to my top 50, because it's just too cute to ignore. I mean, just look at it and tell me that you are not touched by that cute little ball! YOU CAN'T! The position in my list of favorite Pokémon is purely based on cuteness, though. It looks like it can be used for anything you need a ball for: soccer, basketball, bowling, pinball (which Gamefreak actually did in Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire) and bouncing around on a bouncing ball; you name it. That's just too adorable! I never really used it in the video games, especially because it's not very strong. It evolves into Sealeo and eventually in Walrein, but even Walrein is not a great Pokémon to use in-game, at least in my opinion. It is quite slow to begin with. Its defenses are not bad, however, but compared to any water starter Pokémon it's not really diverse. Its special attack stat is the best of all stats, but there are more water-type Pokémon who can learn Surf or Ice Beam and can pull it off way more easily than Walrein can. No, it's an alright Pokémon, but not one of my favorites: Spheal is! It's almost a shame Spheal loses its cuteness when it evolves into Sealeo, anyway. Gamefreak should have come with such a Pokémon much sooner! Yes, the 3rd generation may have been a letdown (most Pokémon I dislike come from the 3rd generation!), but they have done something right! And Spheal is not the only 3rd generation Pokémon in my list of favorite Pokémon; there are more to come! Oh yeah, definitely check out the picture of a plush Spheal below. Cute! I want one!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten