9/13/2013

#6: Dragonair

If I had to mention one thing Gamefreak has done wrong while creating some interesting Pokémon, it would be Dragonair's evolution. I just can't see how the skinny serpent-like Dragonair can evolve into a plump dragon like Dragonite. Honestly, I don't get it. Dragonair has such an air of grace, beauty, cuteness, friendliness and calmness around it, whereas its evolution Dragonite is just a big, plump and clumsy dragon-like Pokémon (I can't even call it a full dragon). Don't get me wrong, Dragonite is an amazing Pokémon to use while playing the video games, as it has a great attack stat and a decent special attack stat. It also has some good defenses and a good enough speed stat. Its speed is a little on the low side, but that shouldn't be a problem, because it hits hard with strong moves like Outrage, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Superpower, Fly, Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, two of the three elemental punches (Fire Punch and Thunder Punch) and a whole lot more. Dragonite is a favorite for many people competing with each other, because it is strong, diverse and capable of taking quite some hits. I admit I've used it a couple of times, too, but if I have to be honest, Dragonite is nothing like Dragonair. Gamefreak has done a bad job creating Dragonite like a clumsy and orange dragon, especially because Dragonair could have had such an awesome blue, serpent-like evolution even more graceful and beautiful than Dragonair is. If you see the images below (click on them to enlarge, or drag them to other tabs), you know why I prefer Dragonair over Dragonite and why Dragonair has a spot in my top 10 and Dragonite does not. Besides, Dragonair is my favorite first generation Pokémon; the remaining four are from the second generation or later. Don't forget to look below, though! Oh, by the way... That pink Dragonair is a shiny one, but because regular Dragonair are blue, it could be mistaken for a female one. Well, in this picture it probably is a female Dragonair, but you get my point...




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten