8/16/2013

#29: Lillipup evolution line

Ah, that cute little little Lillipup. Yes, generation five has brought forth many interesting Pokémon and this generation is easily my favorite. This is the first whole evolution line in my list, starting with Lillipup. Yeah, I love this little thing, it's just too adorable! I'm a cat person in real-life to be honest, but the cat Pokémon in this franchise are either a letdown or just not very impressive. It's a curious thing that there are more dog-like Pokémon in my list, like Mightyena, Suicune, the Lillipup evolution line and the upcoming Arcanine. Anyway, the reasons why I like the whole Lillipup line is that they are good Pokémon to get you through the game and because I like their designs. I mean, Gamefreak really did their best to make the Pokémon in the fifth generation look like the animals they're based on, and Lillipup, Herdier and Stoutland look like your average pet dogs. They also did a good job to make them a little country-like and American; that's exactly the reason why I nicknamed my Lillipup Nashville! Anyway, they make for great Pokémon to use on your team, even early on! Lillipup gets a same type attack bonus (commonly referred to as STAB in the Pokémon world) from the move Tackle when you start with it. It even learns Bite early on for some fair dark-type damage and later on even Take Down and Crunch for some heavier damage, not too far away from Tackle and Bite. Handy! When fully evolved at level 32, Stoutland can learn the elemental fangs (Ice Fang, Thunder Fang and Fire Fang) and even Dig and Wild Charge. Definitely teach it Return, which deals 153 damage (due to STAB; full damage a Pokémon that's not normal-type can do with Return is 102) when Stoutland is at full happiness. Not too shabby! Stoutland has a good attack stat to attack with, anyway, and its defenses and speed are very well-rounded. Its only low stat is its special attack, which you won't use anyway. Stoutland is a great Pokémon to use on any team, not to mention it's just a cool Pokémon to have. I'd recommend it!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten